Sunday, November 28, 2010

Matchbox models, providing ruins for Ambush Alley

I've been making buildings for Ambush Alley, and so far they have been intact buildings, as I have not been looking forward to making ruined ones also.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Revell Sherman Firefly  kit off trademe, in 1:76 scale. Of course there were very few companies that make models in 1:76, and for the most part, Revell make 1:72 kits. This got me thinking, and when the model arrived, the first thing I did was check the sprues. It turns out, Revell have all the old matchbox moulds, as matchbox always included a terrain piece for display.

From there, I remembered I had acquired a boxful of matchbox kits that were already assembled. Digging them out, I found the terrain pieces were there with them, and I now have a good set of ruins to use with Ambush Alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment