Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm a hopeless blogger

It's been quite some time since I updated this blog.

To be honest, I haven't done a lot with my miniatures in that time, just some sporadic painting, and working on terrain. I'm finding it hard to get motivated to work on anything at the moment.

Since the last update I have participated in the Kiwithralls Nation at War league, finishing around the middle of the field. Although the idea was to start a new army, I continued with my Menoth force, using the league as a means to learn more about my units,and caster. I started the league strong, with a win for my first game, using Kreoss to take out Resnick, and learned the value of Exemplar Seneschals. My seneschal assaulted Troys heavy jack, smiting it directly onto Resnick. It was then loss/win/loss and so on to  the end of the league. Another highlight of the league for me was taking out John's Special K at the Longest Night tournament - multiple hits from jacks leaving him on one box, and me casting around the table, looking for something to deliver the final blow (Sunburst for the win).

I've also looked at Ambush Alley, and played a couple of games of this. I find it to be an enjoyable game. Playing the quickstart scenario both ways left me with two losses. As the insurgent, I got slaughtered, as expected. Turn around and Nigel hammered me when I took the marines, despite my tactics scaring him at the start. Damn his luck with my dice.

The most recent game I've played was back to warmachine - 25 points vs Nigel. The usual debate over his list started the game."My list changes, I'm always changing it." Maybe the caster changes, but almost every time I've faced him it's been two hunters and a defender. Anyway, he took eHaley, two hunters, defender, squire, gunmage captain. to oppose him, I took pKreoss, two devouts, revenger, knights exemplar, exemplar seneschal, and wracks.(yes, all light jacks) Nigels dice were against him, and I capitalised on this. I also played badly, by not moving as fast as i could with the knights. In the end, Kreoss held out through Haleys feat and set fire to her twice before she fell, and once the game was over, I realised that I forgot my feat. oh well, I 'll remember it when I play Owen next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment