Saturday, July 18, 2009

Project Menoth begins

I've finally made a start on Project Menoth. Two of the miniatures in my collection have been sprayed, and the first two coats of paint have been applied. I decided to start with the robes of each figure, and work my way out from there.
The first figure is one of the knights exemplar, as a test piece. I have been making notes of the colours used as i go, so I can reproduce the same scheme on the rest of the unit. This is a far cry from my usual painting approach, as I tend to paint an entire unit without a test piece first. Of course most of what I have painted has been for my two 40K armies, and have been fairly straight forward. The scheme for my tyranids was in the codex, and blood angels? Who are we kidding, red with black trim.
Anyway, the exemplar has had his robes painted with Sanguine base, followed by Sanguine highlight. Although its not very clear in the picture, I will build a couple more layers of highlighting on the robes before i am satisfied, as I want this army to be some of my best work.
The cleanser also started with the robes, using Menoth white base and highlight.
The highlight hasn't come out as crisp as I would like, and I will apply another coat of it before adding a final highlight with Tamiya gloss white.
I've also been assembling the minis slowly, so the rest of the two units, along with my jacks, solos, and casters will all be ready to paint after these two figures are finished.
Although I haven't done anything to the bases yet, I've decided to put a layer of sand on each, and then build them up a little with some (unused) kitty litter, and maybe some slab like pieces of plasticard, to simulate a desolate wasteland.
I've also got another couple of figures on the way. A light warjack, able to be configured as two variations. Another Crusader. A paladin of the Order of the Wall. And finally, Kreoss and Severius again.

No comments:

Post a Comment