Monday, July 13, 2009

Hive war at TAG

Last wednesday, Ash began a Necromunda Campaign down at the club. I decided to run my Eschers on the first night, but for most of the campaign I will be running a Spyrer gang as I will not be able to make most of the game nights.
I've also purchased the first miniatures for a new project for my Necromunda set. It's been on my list of things to do for a long time, and was originally going to be a WH40K project. Now, the idea has been scaled down to a Necromunda project as I don't really want to build another 40K army, and Necromunda seems like a good place to begin this type of project.
We spent the weekend in CHCH, and I visited Comics (Looking for Menoth stuff, but they were sold out) and decided to buy what I needed for this project. I have long wondered why GW never translated the Skaven forces to the 40K universe. As a result of this not happening officially, I decided that I would take this project on myself.
With plenty of spare guns lying around, arming them is not a real problem. I decided that nightrunners would be more suited for the image I have in mind for them, so I bought a box. A couple of hours later I bought a warpfire thrower also. Of course, I will also have to write the rules for this gang myself, and that will form part of this project also. I still plan to add some of the other Skaven specific weapons to the list, specifically, Poison wind globadiers, and maybe a Ratling gun and Jezzails.

No comments:

Post a Comment