Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rotating bridge - part 1

I've been browsing a UK terrain site (TerraGenesis - http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/ ) lately, and was inspired to begin a new terrain piece for my necromunda collection. Thanks go to Gary James for the brilliant Toll Bridge he built, which I am now attempting my version of using the Bitz and materials I have lying around at home.

The basic materials for this project are shown below. Brass rod, Plastic Card, 20 mm dowel, custom wood, a large washer, and a piece of plastic tube.




This is the main shaft that supports the bridge, without the piece of plastic tubing that sits on the washer to allow the bridge movement.


The pieces of brass rod have been glued to the lower piece of the bridge itself, and some card detailing has been added to the upper surface.


That's as far as the project reached on the first session of making it. I will post more as I continue with the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment